Let’s face it… we all need a little holiday cheer these days and something to make us smile!
Because of COVID-19, your usual plans for holiday events and gatherings might seem a little bleak right now. Here are a few suggestions to start brightening up your holidays:
- Pick up those holiday cards now and plan ahead to write and mail hand-written cards to friends and family.
- Head to the market and break out that holiday apron to bake cookies, cinnamon rolls, and other holiday sweets. Drop them off for neighbors, friends, etc.
- There are so many great holiday flicks that can be streamed today, so make a movie marathon list.
- It’s time to finish that project you’ve been procrastinating one. Grab that scrapbook and dust off the crochet needles and finish those crafts. Having them completed will bring you joy.
- Normally I would say you’re crazy for putting up the tree… but this year, I say pull out the decorations and light up the Christmas tree.
- Turn traditions that may have been “small” in previous years into slightly more robust ones this year. For instance, curate a hot chocolate tray with extra goodies instead of just having hot chocolate mix available.
- As a kid, my dad would drive me around town just long enough for Santa to drop off the gifts. Set a date to drive or walk around and look at holiday lights. It’s a one-holiday tradition you don’t have to change or a perfectly safe one you can add to your calendar!
So get busy! Start decking the halls and let’s start the holidays early! Share with us your Christmas tree and holiday decoration pictures on or Facebook page @urbantosuburbanrealty